ZEDfu enables a user holding and moving a ZED camera to rapidly create 3D reconstructions of a scene. The colored 3D mesh model is created by integrating the ZED image and depth data over time from multiple viewpoints.
While ZEDfu produces outstanding large-scale 3D models using only stereo vision, there are environments where performance will be adversely affected, such as indoors and low-light places.
We recommend the following best practices when using ZEDfu:
- For optimal results, use ZEDfu for outdoors scanning. Indoors scanning is possible but untextured and low-light areas may introduce artefacts and incorrect surfaces in the resulting 3D model.
- Don’t get too close to objects and surfaces you are scanning – remember the ZED minimum range is around 1m.
- Make sure your scene is well-lit.
- Don’t move the sensor too fast to avoid motion blur. The resulting 3D geometry will have a lower resolution if created with blurry images.
- Avoid reflective objects.